North West Net, Inc. is a local provider of bright.net Internet service
The local telephone companies from Kalida, Ottoville, Fort Jennings, Middle Point, Glandorf and
Vaughnsville joined together in 1995 with the idea of providing Internet service to the area. The result
was North West Net, Inc.
At that time, the Internet was in its infancy. Internet users had computers with Windows 3.1 and 95
operating systems, and normal speeds were 14.4 kbps and 28.8 kbps. Since then, computers and the
Internet have evolved into fast, user-friendly tools of our everyday life. North West Net has been there
every step of the way, upgrading services to fit the ever-changing needs of our customers.
North West Net, Inc. is proud to be able to offer the services that our residential customers need
and want – Up to 10M trouble-free access to the Internet, 24/7 technical and customer service and
web hosting. For businesses we offer a wide array of professional services, and fiber connections are
available in some areas.
- Commitment North West, Inc. is committed to providing broadband access service based on network management policies that protect and empower our broadband access customers, and maximize the benefits of the internet experience for all customers.
- General Policies A. North West, Inc. will manage its network and provide access in accordance with the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC’s) Open Internet Rules (adopted December 21, 2010) and in compliance with any future Internet policies or rules adopted by the FCC. To ensure Open Access to the Broadband Internet, North West Inc. will not unjustly or unreasonably:
- Block, Interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to access. usse, send, post, receive, or offer lawful content (including fair use), applications, or services of the user’s choice;
- Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to connect and use the end user’s choice of legal devices that do not harm the network;
- Prevent or interfere with competition among network, application, service or content providers;
- Engage in discrimination against any lawful internet content, application, service or service provider with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions;
- Give preference to affiliated content, applications, or services with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions;
- Charge a content, application, or service provider for access to the Company’s broadband internet access service and users based on differing levels of quality of service or prioritized delivery of internet protocol packets;
- Prioritize among or between content , applications, and services or among or between different types of content, applications, and services unless the end user requests to have such prioritization.
B. North West Net, Inc. will
- Provide connections and transport services to the public internet to customers;
- Negotiate in good faith with all requesting parties making a bona fide request for interconnection or wholesale services;
- Provide rates and terms for interconnection that are reasonable and Nondiscriminatory
- Network Security and Congestion Management PoliciesFor the saftey and privacy of our access customers and with respect for all customers, North West Net, Inc.
- Utilizes standard industry practices for safeguarding children, intellectual property rights and customers’ privacy and security;
- Followers standard best efforts for Internet delivery with respect to allocation of capacity without differentiation among applications, providers, or sources;
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires the consent of a parent or guardian for the collection of personally identifiable from children under 13,
- Complies with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitations Act, a portion of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act that allows internet service providers to remove or disconnect customer access to copyright infringing material;
- Uses generally accepted technical measures to provide acceptable service levels to all customers, such as application-neutral bandwidth allocation, as well as measures to address service attacks, illegal content and other harmful activities to protect network integrity and reliability; and
- Reserves the right to prioritize traffic based on real tie and non-realtime applications during heavy congestion periods based generally accepted technical measures.